Turbo problem?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Motor" wurde erstellt von CS3086, 28.09.2003.

1. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

Hallo

I have a problem with my ST185CS.
    When hot it feel´s like it´s loosing power.
    Where is the sensor that feel´s the turbo pressure?Can it be disconnected and how?
    I am making app. 0.9 bar when 1-1.1 it makes fuelcut or something it´s anoying.
    Please come with a lot of ideas....

bmwjmd@post.tdcadsl.dk

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier (hier klicken). Dort wird jeder fündig!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. Toy

Toy Moderator

Fahrzeug:
    dies und das...
    What are the other modifications?
    A serial head gasket could be the problem?!

Toy

4. djr97

djr97 Senior Mitglied

instead of removing the turbo pressure sensor you should install a "fuel cut defencer"!

can be bought in tuning shops on the internet, not very expensive.

BUT you should be very careful with running too much boost. fuel cut makes a lot of sense when your engine is almost stock. it might not be able to cope with higher boost and simply die!!! 8o

5. Falke

Falke Lebende Foren Legende

I'm running on my CS 14psi app. 0.9 bar. Yes right the fulecut will hit you at 1.0 to 1.1 bar. Be very carefull because just changing the boost is really bad tuning.
    If you increase the boost without checking the fuel, your EGT can geht higher that you really want, and finally kill your engine.
    First of all you need a boost and a EGT gauge. An oil temp gauge is also not a bad idea.

6. Emma

Emma Ab 250PS/l

Hi gammel Dansk :D

You shouldn't boost more then 0.9 Bar because of the 3S-GTE GENII Engine in your CS isn't equipped with an Blow Off Valve (BOV) and therefor this amount of boost is bad for the Turbocharger... :(
    Please bear in mind that the fuelmaps are written 'till 1 Bar only! If you boost more than 1 Bar the engine goes lean - and will crash for sure (with my own experiences :D :D)!!!
    Your CS is loosing power when the Engine is hot or if you use to drive in hard conditions. This is because of the ECU measures the temperature of the incoming air and then delays the ignition timing...
    Because of the intercooler of the CS is pretty badly insulated against the ascenting heat from the engine you can protect the intercooler with Thermotape (http://www.gtn.ch or any other supplier).
    It's also very important to lower the back pressure of your exhaust system!

Let me know more about your mods.

Cheers, Emma

7. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

Sorry that I did not mentioned my modifications.
    I have a HKS SSBOV, Jasma rear muffler 2.5 in and 4 inch. out and the muffler before the rear axle is removed. The waterpump to the IC is running constantly. A 0.9-1.4 bar actuator which running app. 0.9 bar. Boost gauge in the cabin from revotec. HKS super power flow airfilter.
    when it is cold there is a lot of kick in the car but when I have driven for a while and put pedal to the metal it is slow and do not have the same amount of HP when cold.
    Maybe a bad explanation. :(

Jacob

8. Toy

Toy Moderator

Fahrzeug:
    dies und das...
    Dann hätte er ja nicht weniger Power, sondern überhaupt keine (fast). Das kanns also nicht sein- er schreibt ja auch, das der cut erst bei über 1 bar kommt und er mit 0,9 fährt...

What does the boost gauge show you when the motor is cold, and what does it show when it`s hot?

Toy

9. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

It shows 1 bar when cold and 0.8-0.9 when hot.

10. Toy

Toy Moderator

Fahrzeug:
    dies und das...
    How does the power increase from hot to cold?
    20 PS/HP or much more?
    From 0,8 to 1,0 bar are round about 25 HP- could that be the problem?

Toy

11. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

It feels like 50 hp. it feels like that it is drowning or something, it can not take the power!.
    It is hard to explain

Jacob

12. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

I have removed the hose to the fuel cut defencer on the actuator but if i reconnect there is no difference.
    weird.
    Jacob

13. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

The km. shows 246000km but there is a very little oil use.
    Jacob

14. Toy

Toy Moderator

Fahrzeug:
    dies und das...
    You first should take care, that your boost is hot at the same level than cold.
    A cold air intake should be installed and you should tape your LLK and the hoses and the turbo with heat-save material.
    After that you should make a co2 test- my neighbour had a blown head gasket and when the motor was warm, the power goes down.

Toy

15. CS3086

CS3086 Guest

If the gasket is blown would it not use water or oil?

16. Toy

Toy Moderator

Fahrzeug:
    dies und das...
    Not every time.
    But when it`s blown and it takes 50HP- then it would take oil, correct...

Toy

17. AdMan

Schau dir mal denpassenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  18. Emma

Emma Ab 250PS/l

Wait wait wait...

There's another idea just dropped me... :rolleyes:
    Between the wastegate actuator and the Turbocharger is a hose in which you may installed your Boostvalve. And between the wastegate actuator and the, lets call, engine is another curtly hose which should be completely closed. The CS ECU uses this second hose connected to an solenoid to lower boost in the 1st and 2nd gear and to lower boost as well when the engine goes to hot etc. This second hose should be barred very properly with e.g. a screw or a ball bearing sphere.

Hm, tried to find a picture @ alltrac.net, but site seems to be down... ?(

Cheers, Emma :D

19. #17 cs3086-, 30.09.2003
    cs3086-

cs3086- Guest

The hose to the the fuel-cut valve is closed with a bolt. I have no boost valve only and uprated actuator. I think it is because the engine is getting to hot that it loosing power. I drove it yesterday evening and it drove like a dream. ?.
    The pump to the IC is running constantly when there is ignition.
    What have you done about the IC.?
    water - air or air - air.

Thema:

Turbo problem?

Die Seite wird geladen...

Turbo problem? - Ähnliche Themen

1. W2 US Turbo/Gen 2 Anbauteile Getriebe

W2 US Turbo/Gen 2 Anbauteile Getriebe: Hallo, ich suche einige Teile vom Gen2 Turbo Mr2 ab 92 u.a Getriebeanbauteile, komplette Einheit Kupplungsnehmerzylinder und Motorhalter vom...
  2. Wegen Hobbyaufgabe Corolla E9 Si Turbo

Wegen Hobbyaufgabe Corolla E9 Si Turbo: Baujahr 08.1991, 226000km Motor -Kolbenbodenkühlung aus dem 4A-GE -verstärkte Stehbolzen statt Kopfschrauben -verstärkte Kupplung von Sachs...
  3. Yaris TS Turbo

Yaris TS Turbo: Er ist noch zu haben https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/toyota-yaris-turbo/537597677-216-756 Preis: 6999 VB [IMG]
  4. LiMa problem

LiMa problem: Moin ich habe ein problem mit meiner LiMa. und zwar äußert sich das wie folgt, die ladespannung ist nicht mehr bei über 14V. genau genommen ist...
  5. Mr2 Turbo

Mr2 Turbo: Hallo ich suche das Blech hinter dem Anlasser, mit dem der Anlasser mitverschraubt wird und hinten am Schwung dicht macht....praktisch gegenüber...