Old Corollas RWD (KE20 and newest)

Dieses Thema im Forum "Sonstiges" wurde erstellt von NoAbla, 11.03.2006.

1. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

I Know that this is typical technical but i have found two annoucments with RWD Corollas - one is KE20 and the others is '77 - seems as runnig:

http://autoscout24.de/home/index/de...l3p&source=as24_inseratsg_detail_ueberschrift
    http://autoscout24.de/home/index/de...ocu&source=as24_inseratsg_detail_ueberschrift

What do u think about this corollas? Is it difficult/very with using these cars? Even if I'm fan of motorization but without doctor degree od mechanical aspects of cars? How about for parts for these cars?

PS - u can bite me for my unknowledge :D

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier (hier klicken). Dort wird jeder fündig!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Mobylette, 11.03.2006
    Mobylette

Mobylette Lebende Foren Legende

Fahrzeug:
    Mercedes-Benz 200 CDI
    Simple technology, like most 'low-cost' and popular cars from this time.
    But parts are rare.

4. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

Counting on that the parts i can buy (shiping them from some country) is it possible to drive this car as another (shop, school, work, vacations in Baden-Wuttemberg (from Wroclaw(Breslau) is about 1000 km))

5. #4 Mobylette, 11.03.2006
    Mobylette

Fahrzeug:
    Mercedes-Benz 200 CDI
    You mean to use the car as a daily driver?
    Why not?
    In the 70ties, all of these cars were daily drivers...
    And in my opinion cars are made for the road and for driving and not for the showroom.
    I knew two people driving cars form the 1960ies, a VW beetle 1963 and a Mercedes-Benz 190D tail fin as daily drivers.

6. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

yes - but as my father (who had old DKW but sold it) says - "You will be lying under the car more then driving in it". Simple - i want to have simple car which can i drive to many places - as u said use it as a daily car - and from time to time make some bigger expeditions.

I was thinking about BMW 02 Class (1502, 1602, 2002) - but i think Corolla is much more unbreakable then these BMW's

Yeah - what u think - are these Corollas much breakable? What about the indicators - fuel, temp of engine, temp of oil, rpm? Does it has them?

7. #6 Mobylette, 11.03.2006
    Mobylette

Fahrzeug:
    Mercedes-Benz 200 CDI
    If the cars technical base is good it should run reliably.
    But, the car is >25 years old so you never know.

Indicators, hmm, Fuel yes, the others i don't know.

8. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

Maybe try to fin another RWD Toyota? AE86 - what is reliable price for this "car ready to run"?

9. #8 Schuttgriwler, 11.03.2006
    Schuttgriwler

Schuttgriwler Lebende Foren Legende

Fahrzeug:
    KP60, KP61, CDE120J1, E10, UCF20, RH32
    Your father is still at his old DKW in hin mind. These were 2-stroke-engines with a lot of Problems and basic low tech.

The brown Toyota 1000 in the Autoscout24, has only the 993ccm engine and 45PS. It is a very simple car, with simple technic. The white Corolla has the 1166ccm 60PS engine and is a little bit more comfortable. But both cars lookalike in good condition.

But all two have a big Problem: Parts for inside the car like seats, cover plastics and outside the metal bumpers or any other metal skin isnt any more deliverable by Toyota. Also the backlights for example. One accident and you've got a problem to get these parts.

Spare parts for engine, transmission, axle etc. you'll get at each Toyota-Dealer. But this are the parts never get out of order.

The most large Problem of these cars: Look if they're have Rust. It is called the "brown sickness" of the seventies.

How do you want to get these old things to Poland ? The border tariff will cost you a lot....

10. #9 gt4stef, 11.03.2006
    gt4stef

gt4stef Lebende Foren Legende

AE86 is maybe a bit too sporty for daily driving.
    Does it have to be a RWD car?
    What about Mercedes from the 70s? The W123 seems to be a very reliable and stable car...a friend of mine has one at home and he has no problems - no rust and no breakdowns caused by the age. :]

11. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

Dennis Lischer How to get to Poland? Drive it! BIG LAUGH :D - Seriously - i haven't thinking about it but it will be very hmm "cude" to drive this little thing to PL :D
    - rust sickness - i've heard about it - it says that this is usually sickness of Toyotaas in those years
    gt4stef No! I don't like mercedes - i have in my house only jap's two toyota's and two honda's and i want to have Toyota - oldschool but for acceptable price "ready to run" = AE86 is quite good - sporty - ok i like sporty cars - but get these car nowadays - IMPOSSIBLE

12. #11 Schuttgriwler, 11.03.2006
    Schuttgriwler

Fahrzeug:
    Rust has been a problem at the W123 too, but only until facelift in 1982. Here you should also care and open the eyes before buying....

All car producer took the bad recycled metal from the 70's and only the cars from early 80's were a lot of better.

I have an origin Starlet from 1983 Gen III, and all the Starlets from first generation are early gone by the shredder caused of rust.

My Toyota Dealer told me, that in 70's at the Toyota's you could fist the car, cause after 6 years the metal was so weak by rust....

13. #12 gt4stef, 11.03.2006
    gt4stef

OK...I don't like Mercedes either. :D
    But as Dennis Lischer said - spare parts for old cars are very hard to get.
    I would take a 80s Toyota...for daily driving not a AE86 but what about a AE82 or a T16?
    But the problem is...they're FWD! ;(

14. #13 Schuttgriwler, 11.03.2006
    Schuttgriwler

Fahrzeug:
    And the toll fare ? :D

15. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

No drifting - no fun on snow no 180s no 360s???? ;( ;( ;( ;( - do u have photos of these models? Beacuse i don't know how the looks

16. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

I don't understand - toll fare - paying for what - driving an RWD Corolla by myself? - i should pay only for shipping and bying parts to Corolla in US (a lot money of course :D:D)

17. #16 gt4stef, 11.03.2006
    gt4stef

[​IMG]
    AE82

[​IMG]
    Celica T16

18. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

Celica nice wheels - but is it possible to get these car for 3 000 e "ready to run" - i don't thinks so - AE82 - quite simmilar to mazda :D

19. #18 Schuttgriwler, 11.03.2006
    Schuttgriwler

Fahrzeug:
    I dont understand: Where do you live ? In your account is Poland written......

20. AdMan

Schau dir mal denpassenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  21. #19 gt4stef, 11.03.2006
    gt4stef

22. NoAbla

NoAbla Guest

One of my friends suggested me to by Nissan 200SX model S13. Somebody know this car?

Thema:

Old Corollas RWD (KE20 and newest)

Die Seite wird geladen...

Old Corollas RWD (KE20 and newest) - Ähnliche Themen

1. Touch and go 2 - Zielführung stoppen

Touch and go 2 - Zielführung stoppen: Hallo, vielleicht bin ich auch nur zu blöde, aber ich finde keinen Befehl beim Touch and go 2, um die Zielführung zu stoppen. Könnt ihr mir...
  2. E-Mailadresse ändern

E-Mailadresse ändern: Hi Leute wahrscheinlich bin ich zu doof, aber ich finde nicht raus wie ich meine hier hinterlegte E-Mailadresse ändern kann. Oder ist das echt...
  3. Ausfahrt Toyota and Friendstour 2016

Ausfahrt Toyota and Friendstour 2016: Es war einmal.... vorlanger Zeit..... tief auf der anderen Rheinseite im Jahre 2016. Oder so ähnlich :ugly Startpunkt war ja wie geplant die...
  4. Good Old Times...

Good Old Times...: [IMG]
  5. 4A-GE Motor (RWD oder FWD Setup)

4A-GE Motor (RWD oder FWD Setup): Ein Freund von mir verkauft seinen 4A-GE Motor! Hier die Kontaktdaten und Infos: > Tel: 0043 699 11412645 > email: klaushaeusler@gmx.at >...