Knock sensor defect again!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Motor" wurde erstellt von cs-3086, 22.02.2004.

1. #1 cs-3086, 22.02.2004
    cs-3086

cs-3086 Guest

Hey..

It is approximately 3 months ago that I changed my knocksensor because it was defect now the problem is popped up again.. Is it a decease or what. It was a brand new sensor i changed then.
    Is it because there is some ignition knocking? or whatever it is called. I got some of that even though that I use 98 unleaded.
    I have made a A/F meter that uses the original Lambda sensor and it shows that I drive with a rich mixture.
    HELP please... ;(

The car is a Celica Carlos sainz 93´

Jacob, Denmark

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier (hier klicken). Dort wird jeder fündig!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Schuttgriwler, 22.02.2004
    Schuttgriwler

Schuttgriwler Lebende Foren Legende

Fahrzeug:
    KP60, KP61, CDE120J1, E10, UCF20, RH32
    Do you not have any warranty on this new sensor ? Bring it back to your friendly TOYOTA-Dealer and lodge a complaint.

Did you install ist yourself ?

4. #3 CS-3086, 23.02.2004
    CS-3086

CS-3086 Guest

Yes I did install it myself. it is very simple to do. I did intend to make a complaint when I have dismounted it. :)

Jacob ,Denmark

5. #4 user666, 23.02.2004
    user666

user666 Mitglied

hab ich das richtig verstanden
    seine lambdasonde zeigt ein (zu) fettes gemisch an und trotzdem schlägt der klopfsensor an ?

sorry for my poor english

have you chek the sensor with a multimeter ??
    or the wire from sensor to the ECU ?

have you a orginal repair manual for the engine ?

6. #5 CS-3086, 23.02.2004
    CS-3086

CS-3086 Guest

It is OK mine is not very good either.

No I have not a repair manual of this car, Last time I changed the knock sensor we checked the wire connections, but it could of course be defect now. :)
    I have borrowed a lift tomorrow so I can check the sensor and connections out.

Jacob, Denmark

7. #6 Holsatica, 23.02.2004
    Holsatica

Holsatica Lebende Foren Legende

Fahrzeug:
    Nissan Navara
    You have to be very careful,when You screw the knock sensor tight!
    You have to regard a special turning moment.That is very impossible!!!If you don´t notice it, the sensor won´t work.

8. Emma

Emma Ab 250PS/l

Dear Jack

This is a known problem sometimes happens when you increase boost pressure. :rolleyes:
    You got a bad sensor. So, get replacement under warranty from Toyota or from wherever you've it from.
    Please mount the new sensor very properly, no dirty or any other waste should be between the sensors seating and the engine block. Please be aware that with a broken knock sensor you'll damage your engine immediately!!! ;(

Good luck! :]

Emma :D

9. AdMan

Schau dir mal denpassenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  10. #8 CS-3086, 25.02.2004
    CS-3086

CS-3086 Guest

I have increased the boost, but why is it knocking when I already use high octane fuel.?

When I installed the new sensor I was very careful to clean the engine and only tightend with a small amount of torque.

Do anybody know what the knock sensor consist of.?

11. Emma

Emma Ab 250PS/l

Hm...

Your Engine is always knocking. The ECU of the ST185 use the knock sensor as a parameter for ignition timing. It doesn't matter what type of fuel you're using. The knock sensor is always in use during driving, especialy under high boost conditions.
    You got a bad sensor, that's all... :( :(

Emma :D

Thema:

Knock sensor defect again!!!

Die Seite wird geladen...

Knock sensor defect again!!! - Ähnliche Themen

1. ABS Sensor für T18

ABS Sensor für T18: Ich bin auf der Suche nach einen ABS Sensor für vorne rechts. Das Kabel ist in Ordnung, muss nur der richtige Geber sein, das Modell ist egal. Mit...
  2. Wo ist der Heckklappen Sensor beim Toyota Corolla Verso 2006?

Wo ist der Heckklappen Sensor beim Toyota Corolla Verso 2006?: Ich habe mir diese Woche von privat einen gebrauchten Toyota Corolla Baujahr 2006 gekauft. Tolles Auto. Aber ich habe ein kleines Problem: Die...
  3. PDC Sensor Modellbezeichnung gesucht (Verso 2005)

PDC Sensor Modellbezeichnung gesucht (Verso 2005): Mein neuer alter Verso hat hinten und vorne je 2 PDC-Sensoren (Park Distance Control). Natürlich wie bei alten Autos üblich ist einer defekt....
  4. Biete Toyota Avensis 1.8 Edition an - 07/2011, 26Tkm, Navi, Kam+Sensoren, Stzhzg, TÜV neu

Biete Toyota Avensis 1.8 Edition an - 07/2011, 26Tkm, Navi, Kam+Sensoren, Stzhzg, TÜV neu: Hallo, wegen Fahrzeugwechsel verkaufe ich meinen Toyota Avensis. Highlights: EZ 07/2011, KM 26514, Privatanbieter, Standort: Stuttgart, 1.8...
  5. ABS Sensoren Celica T18

ABS Sensoren Celica T18: Hallo, Ich habe beim Ausbau des Getriebes, den linken ABS Sensor bei meinem Celica zerstörrt. Nur ist dieser Sensor nur teuer für die Celica zu...