[English] Why is this Toyota Prius on mobile.de so cheap?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Links" wurde erstellt von AndY1, 16.01.2012.

1. AndY1

AndY1 Grünschnabel

Fahrzeug:
    Vectrix
    Hi!

I'm sorry, but I don't speak German fluently. I understand some German but I'm awfull at sentencing:]

I'm looking at new Toyota Prius cars on mobile.de. I've been looking at 2011 Executive version and I came upon this seller with incredibly low price:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=155671974

Why is it so cheap and what's the catch?

Thank you for your replies! Please, reply in English.

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier (hier klicken). Dort wird jeder fündig!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 paseo_rulez, 16.01.2012
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 16.01.2012
    paseo_rulez

paseo_rulez Lebende Foren Legende

Fahrzeug:
    Celica GT-Four (ST205), Corolla E12 Sol (ZZE121), Subaru Justy
    Hello and welcome on board!

Let's see: The list price of the Prius Executive in Germany is 28.750€.
    Some percent of discount is usual in business - let's say something about 5-10% should be possible.
    So now we would be at roundabout 26-27.000€

And now there is a dealer who wants to offer the Prios a little cheaper than anyone else - and here you are.
    I don't think it's extraordinary cheap but to be honest i'm not sure about the discounts acutally given by german dealers - this is just an assumption ;)

Hope i could help a bit...

EDIT: I just saw this offer is in Schwäbisch Gmünd (i live 40 km away).
    I regognized that in Schwabisch Gmünd the cars in general are really chap - i saw offers for e.g. Aygo or Auris way below list price but I don't know how they can do this.

4. AndY1

AndY1 Grünschnabel

Fahrzeug:
    Vectrix
    Vielen dank!

So you really think it's a real deal, not some sort of scam or used or demo car being branded as a new car?
    I find it strange, that the dealer's location is in a household. Check the dealers website:
    http://www.schwabenautomobile.de/

And this is the location: Liegnitzer Weg 4 73527 Schwäbisch Gmünd Germany
    Google Maps shows his location in the suburb living neghbourhood.

5. #4 paseo_rulez, 16.01.2012
    paseo_rulez

Fahrzeug:
    You're welcome!

Funny - I did just the same: watching the website, searching the address on Google Maps.
    Looks really a bit strange.
    While reading at the homepage i regognized that this 'company' just interacts as some kind of broker - so it's no car dealership or something - they just order the car and forward your request to dealer's in the surrounding area.

If i were you I would give it a call and find out how this should work and if it's a serious offer. But this is maybe a problem because of your german?!?

Unfortunately I couldn't find any field report or something from someone who has already some experience with this 'dealer'

6. AndY1

AndY1 Grünschnabel

Fahrzeug:
    Vectrix
    Thank you! I will give them a call. Fortunatelly, their mobile.de ad reads:
    :D

7. #6 paseo_rulez, 16.01.2012
    paseo_rulez

Fahrzeug:
    So you're lucky :D
    Please tell us how it was, now i'm really interested if this really is a serious offer.
    Good luck!

BTW: Where are you from? And what are you doing in Germany?

8. AdMan

Schau dir mal denpassenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  9. #7 AndY1, 16.01.2012
    AndY1

AndY1 Grünschnabel

Fahrzeug:
    Vectrix
    I'm from Slovenia. I'm currently not in Germany.

I'm looking to get a Prius Plug-In, but while I'm at it, I'm looking at alternatives if the price of the PiP is to high, when Toyota-Europe announces it.

Thank you for all your help!

Edit: I've been riding my electric maxi-scooter Vectrix for more than 3 years now and I concluded, that the PiP, for now, is the only viable electric vehicle for colder climates, right now.
    Pure electric cars consume to much electricity for heating for European continental winters and this decreases the range considerabely.

10. AndY1

AndY1 Grünschnabel

Fahrzeug:
    Vectrix
    I called today and the man said, that he's the middle man between the buyer and the genuine Toyota dealership. He told me to send additional information via email, which I did, but I didn't get any reply yet.

Is it possible, that this way, (Toyota) dealerships, which have left over stock of the 2011 model, they can't sell, but must not advertise such a low price, get rid of the stock?

Thema:

[English] Why is this Toyota Prius on mobile.de so cheap?

Die Seite wird geladen...

[English] Why is this Toyota Prius on mobile.de so cheap? - Ähnliche Themen

1. Toyota celica Cabrio T18 Keilriemen entspannen

Toyota celica Cabrio T18 Keilriemen entspannen: Hallo Leute, Ich muss die Lichtmaschine erneuern und dazu den Keilriemen entspannen. Irgendwie kriege ich das nicht hin. Kann mir einer sagen...
  2. Verkaufe Toyota Corolla 1.4 (E11) mit Getriebeschaden. TÜV bis 10/2017

Verkaufe Toyota Corolla 1.4 (E11) mit Getriebeschaden. TÜV bis 10/2017: Ich verkaufe meinen Toyota Corolla 1.4 E11, bei dem sich leider ein Lager im Getriebe verabschiedet hat. Ansonsten ist das Fahrzeug in einem...
  3. 2ZZ-GE Toyota ts Motor 192ps

2ZZ-GE Toyota ts Motor 192ps: suche für meinen corolla ts einen motor block mit kopf würde mir reichen bitte alles anbieten km ist egal hauptsache läuft gut
  4. Celica T20 GT: Stahlfelgen 15X6-5JJ LK-5x100 Original TOYOTA 42611-2B11

Celica T20 GT: Stahlfelgen 15X6-5JJ LK-5x100 Original TOYOTA 42611-2B11: Zur Selbstabholung in Baden-Württemberg, 69126 Heidelberg....
  5. Toyota Yaris 1.8 VVT-i TS

Toyota Yaris 1.8 VVT-i TS: Mein Bruder will seinen Yaris verkaufen, da er sich einen RAV4 zulegen möchte. Alles wichtige gibt es hier im Link zu mobile:...